- Viscosity measurement (ASTM D7042)
- Density measurement (ASTM D4052)
- Viscosity at process conditions
- Flash point & fire point with open cup – Cleveland method (ASTM D92)
- Foam test (ASTM D892)
- Flash point with closed cup – Pensky-Martens (ASTM D93)
- Ramsbottom-RCRT (ASTM D524)
- Refractive index of viscous materials (ASTM D1747)
- Cloud point determination
- Rheological properties of grease
- Portable density measurement (ASTM D7777, IP 559)
- Sample preparation for the detection of elemental contaminations in lubricating oil (ASTM D7876)
- Sample preparation for the detection of elemental contaminations in lubricating oil (C1234)
The SVM 3000 Stabinger Viscometer measures the dynamic viscosity and density of oils and fuels according to ASTM D7042. From this result, the viscometer automatically calculates the kinematic viscosity and delivers measurement results which comply with ISO 3104 or ASTM D445.
0.2 mPa.s to 20,000 mPa.s
0.65 g/cm3 to 3 g/cm3
-56 °C to 105 °C
Reproducibility: 0.35 %
Repeatability: 0.1 %
Minimum sample volume: 2.5 mL
Optionally combined with:
Benefits of SVM 3000 at Lubricant
Lubricants are generally largely composed of a base oil plus a variety of additives to impart desirable characteristics. They are mixed (blended) together with additives in separate facilities (plants). The viscosity of the base oil is an essential physical property in this application. One of the most important quality parameters is the viscosity index, e.g. to analyze the viscosity-temperature relationship.
SVM 3000 is precise and flexible in terms of viscosity, which makes it the perfect solution for lubricants and base oils. Automated measurements at two temperatures required for VI determination can be performed with a single instrument. SVM 3000 complies with ASTM D7042.