- Penetration (ASTM D5)
- Softening point – ring & ball test (ASTM D36)
- Breaking point – Fraass method (EN 12593, IP 80)
- Viscosity at process conditions
- Flash point & fire point with open cup – Cleveland method (ASTM D92)
- Density of asphalt
- Rheology of asphalt and bitumen (AASHTO T315, AASHTO T316, AASHTO TP70, AASHTO TP101, ASTM D7405, ASTM D4402, ASTM D7175, DIN EN 14770, DIN EN 13302)
- Multiple Stress Creep Recovery test (MSCR) (AASHTO TP70, ASTM D7405)
- LAS test (AASHTO TP101)
- Sample preparation for the determination of chloride in asphalt samples
The modular PNR 12 penetrometer automatically measures the resistance a material provides against being pierced by a specifically shaped penetrator such as a needle, cone, rod or disk.
To assure a high flexibility in application you may choose between test kits for various standards and applications (bitumen, grease, wax, food, cosmetics or pharmaceuticals) or create your own set.
PNR 12 is suitable for consistency and plasticity determinations of pasty, creamy, semi-solid or highly viscous samples.
depending on the accessories for needle penetration: ASTM D5, ASTM D1321, ISO 6873, EN 1426, EN 13179-2, JIS K 2207, JIS K 2235
and more for cone penetration: ASTM D217, ASTM D937, ASTM D1403, ASTM D7342, ISO 2137, European Pharmacopoeia 2.9.9. and more
Up to 80 mm
Maximum test load:
¼ and ½ cone to solid cone
NLGI and EN bitumen class
Benefits of PNR 12 at Asphalt
The consistency of bitumen expressed in 0.1 mm (Penetration Unit) is measured with a vertically penetrating needle. If not specifically defined otherwise, the standard test conditions are a load of 100 g, a temperature of 25 °C and time period of 5 seconds. The penetration is a basic value for bitumen classification systems worldwide. Conclusions about the performance of bitumen as a binder for road construction are drawn from the value.